What Makes Our Chapter Special…
The NAVHDA Chapter of Kettle Moraine remains a unique hub of consistent quality training simply because of the availability of training birds on site – whenever needed!
Thanks to our dedicated volunteers, we are thankful to have established meaningful relationships with our vendors to supply a variety of quality pen-raised birds for your specific training scenario.
KM NAVHDA BIRD POLICY & EXPECTATIONS
It is EXPECTED that dispatched birds resulting from training be removed from the grounds and owner(s) of the dispatched bird(s) is responsible for disposing of birds appropriately off site. Any dead birds found in the pens by a member should be removed – we all need to play a part in providing a healthy and presentable environment for birds and members alike.
Anyone caught violating the expectations of bird purchase and removal will have their membership revoked.
Species available for purchase: Pigeons, Quail, Chukar, Pheasant, Mallard
- Available for purchase during testing and training season
- Pricing varies by availability, and is updated regularly in electronic payment links and posted in bird pens.
- Methods of payment:
- Check (To be placed in green drop box on chapter grounds, near pigeon silo)
- Cash (To be sealed in envelopes that can be found in the quail/chukar pen and then placed into the green drop box)
- QR Code/Phone (Scan QR code found in quail/chukar pen, or here online, and pay via phone – link will automatically direct you to PayPal)
Members are strongly encouraged to volunteer taking care of our birds. In doing so, we provide an incentive of 50% off membership dues. For a tutorial on bird care, watch the video of our President, Robert Crum, demonstrate the duties of bird care.
To volunteer, submit the signup form found HERE, or reach out to Robert Crum at 414-469-3135.
Bird Care Dates and Volunteers for 2024:
Back up folks that could not do it consistently, but could help in case of an issue: 2024 Update